Friday, December 21, 2012

Diving In

After a year of asking God what he wants me to do about an idea in my heart, I finally got the answer.  The answer might seem very simple for many people, but for me it sounds big.

The idea in my heart is to write for the Lord, but write about what? And who do I write for? These  have been my questions. Let me back-up for a minute.  After adopting a precious child from China and blogging about the adoption experience, I was encouraged by some very close women in my life to continue writing.  I was puzzled by what I heard.  I am not the type of person who likes to write, and I certainly wasn't the type of student in high-school or college who made great grades in writing and language arts. Writing does not come natural nor does it flow out of Karla.  However, I've noticed that as my relationship with the Lord grows, HE uses me to communicate His love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness through words.
I know this is a gift from God because this is not typical for Karla to do on her own.

As I have been praying and seeking God about writing for a year,  I certainly didn't want to step out into faith if this truly wasn't a God thing.  The final confirmation came 2 weeks ago through a friend on facebook that I haven't seen since we graduated from high school.  I was praying specifically one day, "Lord, just show me if you truly want me to write." Lo and behold I received a private message on facebook from this particular friend letting me know how much she enjoys reading my posts and how she finds encouragement from them.  That was it!

Here I am and I'm diving into what God is calling me to do, and I am looking forward to sharing how I've come to know the Lord through a personal relationship that has set me free in sooo many ways. God has lifted me out of the mire and I am here to praise Him for His love and guidance.  I am very open and transparent about many of my thoughts and feelings, so as I unzip my heart through writing, I pray that someone will come to know the Lord in a new way and realize that He is real and His word is alive.  He gets the glory!

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well"
Matthew 6:33





No comments:

Post a Comment